Prattville – The dumpster in the front section of Willow Ridge Apartments on Old Farm Lane caught fire Sunday afternoon about 5:00 PM.
Officer Brian Green of the Prattville Police Department indicated that the cause of the fire was charcoal embers, left after someone was grilling in the barbecue area. The fire was contained in the dumpster area and did not spread further into the apartment complex.
No injuries were reported; however, the dumpster appeared to be a total loss.
The Prattville Fire Department had the fire under control in less than half an hour. Paramedics and two other Prattville Police Officers responded to the scene. A small crowd gathered to watch the firemen do their job and Willow Ridge residents could not enter the front of the complex for about an hour.
Article by Melissa Parker
© 2009 Our Prattville. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the express written consent of the publisher.