Prattville – A Prattville City Council meeting was held on June 16 at 6:00 PM with seven resolutions on the agenda. Mayor Jim Byard Jr. and Council President Dean Argo were absent and Councilman Tom Miller (acting as President Pro Tempore) asked if there were any issues that needed to be discussed.
Bob Lee (of Prattville) took the podium and said that Alabama needs a stronger Code of Ethics (Gov. Riley submitted a Bill to strengthen it but it was defeated). He also brought up the matter of better coordinating the tasks of grass cutting and litter removals along Highway 14.
Dave Neal (of Prattville) wanted to know when the flooded ditch behind his home (on 188 Poplar Street) would be cleaned out because it had been that way since 2000. He said his house flooded on May 7, that it has been gutted, and was unlivable.
Jon Lee Finnegan (of Prattville) thought it would be a good idea to issue tickets for parking cars on lawns. She said that Montgomery has given out 85 citations so far.
Councilman Miller stated that Council President Argo had moved to hold Resolution #5 regarding the proposed Pay Plan and Job Descriptions. He wanted to call a work meeting in Council Chambers on June 29 at 6:00 PM to obtain a more detailed presentation of the Pay Plan.
The seven resolutions that were discussed and voted on by the Council:
1. RESOLUTION: To Declare Various Weeded Lots to be a Public Nuisance and Ordering Their Abatement per Title 11, Chapter 67 of the Code of Alabama, 1975, as Amended. (Sponsored By: Councilman Renegar) (Introduced May 19, 2009) ACTION: Passed Unanimously
2. RESOLUTION: To Authorize and Direct Mayor Byard to Enter Into a Guaranteed Energy Cost Savings Contract with Chevron Energy Solutions Pursuant to Section 41-16-140, et seq. of the Code of Alabama (Sponsored by Council President Argo) (Held from June 2, 2009) ACTION: Passed Unanimously
3. RESOLUTION: To Amend Resolution Book 2009, Page 064. To Release Funds for the purchase of Software for the Police Department. (Sponsored by Councilman Wood) ACTION: Passed Unanimously
4. RESOLUTION: To Grant a Retail Beer and Table Wine License, of Premise only to Langley, Inc. d/b/a Prattville Associated Grocery. (Sponsored by Councilman Wood) ACTION: Passed Unanimously
5. RESOLUTION: To Adopt Proposed Pay Plans and Amended Job Descriptions for all City Employees. (Sponsored by Council President Argo) ACTION: Councilman Renegar moved to hold the Resolution until the next meeting and the Resolution was held
6. RESOLUTION: To Award Bid No 09-008 to Ambulance Billing Consultants for Professional Services. (Sponsored by Councilman Renegar) ACTION: Passed Unanimously
7. RESOLUTION: To Set a Public Hearing to Declare Various Weeded Lots to be a Public Nuisance and Ordering Their Abatement per Title 11,Chapter 67 of the Code of Alabama, 1975, as Amended. (Sponsored By Councilman Fank). ACTION: Passed Unanimously
The meeting was adjourned at about 6:25 PM.
Article by Melissa Parker
© 2009 Our Prattville. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the express written consent of the publisher.